All-New Ford Ranger 3.2L XLT, Now in Malaysia at RM99,8881
- Ford announces its latest all-new Ford Ranger variant - the Double Cab 4x4 3.2L XLT Hi-Rider with six-speed manual transmission
- This technology variant of the all-new Ranger offers powerful engine output of 200 PS and powerful maximum torque of 470 Nm
- The new variant also introduces an exciting new colour to Ford’s Ranger line-up, True Red; also available in Metropolitan Grey, Highlight Silver and Cool White
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, 1 August 2013 - Ford today announces a new variant to its class-leading, award-winning, all-new Ranger line-up in Malaysia – the all-new Ford Ranger Double Cab 4x4 3.2L XLT Hi-Rider with six-speed manual transmission and Electronic Shift-On-The-Fly, priced at RM99,8881
Truck enthusiasts will enjoy the extra capability offered by the powerful Duratorq TDCi² 3.2L Variable Geometry Turbo diesel engine, promising higher output at 200 PS and maximum torque of 470 Nm. The muscular all-new Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT optimises fuel efficiency from as low as 8.9L/100km³, while still offering a quiet cabin and a superior driving experience. Every new Ranger engine has also been calibrated to meet the most stringent emission standards wherever Ford Rangers are sold.
“The character of the all-new Ranger exudes the confidence and attitude of the ‘21st Century Tough’ truck, powerful and toned, while still offering the comfort and refinement of a passenger vehicle,” said David Westerman, regional manager, Ford Export & Growth Operations, Asia Pacific.
Adding to the exhilarating driving experience are larger 17-inch alloy rims and an exciting new colour option, True Red, exclusively available in the all-new Ford Ranger 3.2L XLT. Other colours available include Metropolitan Grey, Highlight Silver and Cool White.
Brains and Brawn to Take You Further and Keep You Safe
Ford engineers tested the all-new Ranger 3.2L XLT in the toughest terrains across five continents to ensure its durability and secure its reputation as a reliable workhorse vehicle. The all-new Ranger was designed with comfort and convenience in mind, with over 20 smart storage spaces, increased leg room and a spacious cabin.
Befitting this powerfully built pick-up truck, the all-new Ford Ranger 3.2L XLT has the best-in-segment water-wading capability of up to 800mm, even when fully laden, with a best-in-class hefty payload of 1,227kg and a superb 3,350kg towing capability to tackle tough jobs.
Packed with smart technology, this all-new Ranger variant also comes standard with Bluetooth®4 with Voice Control and Electronic Shift-On-the-Fly, enabling a seamless shift from two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive and back again while maintaining speeds up to 120km/h.
The vehicle is also one of the smartest and most advanced trucks in its class with USB-iPod and iPhone connectivity, Auto Rain and Speed Sensing wipers, a 4.2-inch Audio System colour display, Cruise Control, and electrochromatic inner rear view mirror.
All-new Ford Ranger XLT pick-up trucks are safe and fun to drive with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) as standard features. This just launched all-new Ranger variant is also loaded with active and passive safety features, setting a new safety standard for the segment, including:
- Load Sensing Proportionate Valve (LSPV): Optimal vehicle stability to help drivers manage their load
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA): Provides additional brake pressure in emergency stopping manoeuvres
- Emergency Brake Light: Signals to other drivers by flashing the indicators when the vehicle decelerates quickly
The all-new Ford Ranger XLT and XL variants available in Malaysia share the same platform as the 3.2L XLT manual all-new Ranger with two-airbags tested by Australasia NCAP (ANCAP (New Car Assessment Programme)) and received a three-star safety rating.
Multi-Award Winner in Malaysia
Since its Malaysian launch mid-2012, the all-new Ford Ranger has picked up six awards, including being most recently named Autoworld’s “Best Pick-Up Truck” as well as winning the “Members’ Choice Award,” chosen entirely by Autoworld’s online community members.
Additional accolades include the New Straits Times-Maybank Car of the Year 2012 Awards (COTY), the first pickup truck in the COTY Awards’ 11-year history to capture the coveted “Overall Car of the Year” award in addition to being named “Pick-up Truck of the Year,” the “Pick-up Truck of Year” from AUTOCAR ASEAN Car of the Year Awards 2012 and “Best Value for Money Pick-up Truck” by the Asian Auto Allianz Auto Industry Awards 2012.
The all-new Ford Ranger Double Cab 3.2L XLT is now available for booking and test drives at all Ford showrooms nationwide.
For more information on the all-new Ford Ranger, visit www.ford.net.my.
# # #
- Price refers to on-the-road with insurance for Peninsular Malaysia and private registration only.
- TDCi stands for Turbo Diesel Commonrail Direct injection. The TDCi engine uses a Variable Geometry Turbo-Charger Capability to improve performance and optimise fuel efficiency.
- Fuel consumption is based on manufacturer’s testing. Actual fuel consumption will vary depending on several factors.
- Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and is used under licence.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company,a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 177,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information about Ford and its products worldwide please visit http://corporate.ford.com.